The Gator Short Distance Radio is a flexible, micro processor based, low power radio module which can either transmit the status of the module’s input/s or receive the input/s status from another SDR module.
Typically a SDR module would be used for relaying water meter back indication from the meter to a remote site or for activating a device such as a pump from a remotely located device such as a liquid level switch.
Useful in many irrigation and water automation applications such as –
• Starting and stopping of primary / booster irrigation pumps.
• The filling of tanks from borehole pumps for stock watering or domestic consumption.
• Remote switching of pumps from a centre pivot irrigation system thus reducing the need for travelling between the pump and pivot and preventing the need to lay extra control cables between theses points.
• Remote control of valves in applications such as reservoir filling.
• Over the air transfer of flow meter pulses to allow for the reading of flow meters that are located remotely.